Health Optimization Program for Elders (HOPE) in Primary Care is a collaboration between Duke Health and its community partners that aims to strengthen our collective capacity to meet the complex care and social needs of the growing older adult population. HOPE in Primary Care offers Duke Connected Care participants FREE access to workforce development activities and resources that help providers align with national efforts to create and foster high-quality healthcare for older adults.
The Duke Health HOPE in Primary Care team has assembled the following resources based on best practices as a guide for conducting Annual Wellness Visits (AWVs). This is not a complete guide to AWVs but focuses on those aspects related to the 4M’s of Age-Friendly Health Systems:
- What Matters
Click HERE to check out the AWV Toolkit.
(Note: A Duke NetID is required to access this toolkit on the Duke Connected Care Provider Portal.)
Webinar Series for Duke Connected Care
This webinar series focuses on the social, emotional, and environmental conditions that impact healthcare outcomes of older adults with the goal of helping providers approach geriatric care more holistically.
Each webinar offers 30 minutes of education and information related to communication skills, needs assessment, and relevant community resources.
CE Credit is available.*
- Webinar 1: Goals of Care in the Time of COVID
- Webinar 2: Social Determinants of Health
- Webinar 3: Social Isolation and Depression
- Webinar 4: Falls Prevention and Physical Safety
- Webinar 5: Communication Skills with People Living With Dementia (PLWD) & Their Care Partners
- Webinar 6: Interpersonal Violence and Elder Abuse
- Webinar 7: Ensuring Appropriate Medication Management
For more information, as well as links to the recordings of these webinars, click HERE!