DukeHealth is asking SNFs to please contact the Duke Transfer Center and fax records prior to transferring ANY resident to the ED for any of the 3 Duke Hospitals.
This is critically important at this time, especially when sending a Person Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19.
1. Contact the Duke Transfer Center at 919-681-3440
2. Fax the following to the receiving hospital:
- Face Sheet
- Past and current medical history
- Advance Directives/DNR orders
- COVID-19 vaccine date for each dose
Note: Please include patient’s FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH on each page of faxed documentation.
The numbers to use for this electronic records process are:
- Duke University Hospital 919-385-7541
- Duke Regional Hospital 919-385-9739
- Duke Raleigh Hospital 919-385-9740
We encourage you to post this number at all nursing stations and educate your staff.
Long-term care facilities concerned that a resident, visitor, or employee may be a COVID-2019 patient under investigation should contact their local or state health department immediately for consultation and guidance.